Technical Editing Specialist III, PWW at The Aerospace Corporation
- In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Technical Editing Specialist III, PWW will actively contribute to a high-performing team working in the fast-moving field of national security space. Review drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammar and punctuation. Provides technical editing and formatting of reports and publications. Checks documents for spelling, grammar and content problems. Ensures that documents follow the organization’s style guide. May also be responsible for maintaining the style guide.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company’s values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Writes, edits and rewrites technical copy to ensure consistency and compliance with security and contractual requirements.
- Edits and proofreads text, artwork, tables, graphs and mathematical materials.
- Plans layout and coordinates preparation of illustrative material, reproduction and other publication services.
- Associates Degree or equivalent degree
- Experience working with government and/or military
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated mastery of grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Needs to express ideas logically, clearly and concisely
- Customer service orientation
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Typically 5 or more years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree, or 3 or more years of relevant experience with Master’s Degree
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Basic understanding of aeronautics, space science, math, and physics
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- TS/SCI required (In scope SSBI)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer to complete activities.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.