Technical Artist, Tools & Pipeline
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering visually stunning experiences for a global audience while also building new games gives artists exciting and complex problems to solve. Here, artists are working not only with one another, but also side-by-side with game designers, narrative writers, and audio designers and engineers to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve. From animations to illustrations, cinematics to comics, characters to environments, we work as a team to put players first.
As Tech Artist, Tools/Pipeline team you’ll help breathe life into the League of Legends universe and other Riot Games content. You’ll employ your expert-level knowledge of 3D tools and problem-solving skills to build tools, maintain pipelines and provide technical support for artists on their most critical missions.
- Jump into any art pipeline, whether it’s environment, character or other artistic discipline, to help maintain, manage, build and support the team’s 3D tools
- Coordinate, execute and help drive the art team’s most demanding and critical projects forward
- Become a liaison between art teams and various stakeholders to provide support for interdisciplinary efforts
- Interface with key stakeholders and team leads when assessing and completing tasks
- Help promote strategic visions for projects
- Use your skills as a 3D generalist to improve, maintain and provide support for every art tool available
- Solid understanding of Maya, Photoshop and 3D engines
- Unreal 4, including Blueprint
- Python, MEL, C# or C++
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).