Streaming & Playlist Manager - USM
Universal Strategic Marketing (USM) is responsible for the companies' Global catalog for all our labels excluding Classical, whom we also work closely with. A dynamic, forward-thinking team we ensure territories achieve optimum revenue opportunities and deliver support to markets on a Global level. At USM you are expected to be an innovator in your field, flexible in complementing and inputting into areas across the division and the wider business.
You'll be working with a world-class team who are passionate about what they do - and we expect no less from you. You should have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. People who meet us tend to comment on our energy, and the passion we have for what we're doing. We hope it's infectious! At such a fast moving area you'll find opportunities rather than boundaries in every single role.
Candidates for the role will need to meet the challenges & opportunities of the playlisting environment across the music & entertainment business. This exciting role will focus on maximizing our marketing & commercial reach whilst developing & shaping our agreed playlisting strategies. The role requires a strong focus for growing UMG's streaming models utilizing the many ways we can connect consumers with our vast catalogs.
Your role will include being responsible for content decisions by crunching large data sets, analyzing the results, and gaining insight across Label Relations, Artist Services, Licensing and Content Operations within the group. It is a role that requires strong communication skills across the various central, territory teams at USM as well as other parts of the UMG business.
- Identifying marketing & commercial opportunities for the creation & marketing of playlists, playlist brands & streaming with a focus of driving UMGI market share
- Create and collaborate on Global marketing campaigns across all streaming partners
- Using insights, analytics & consumer insights to inform effective playlisting initiatives, marketing & commercial decisions
- Detailed analysis to understand the complexities of playlist behaviors across all consumer types
- Work closely with USM teams around the world, identifying growth areas and react to analytics & consumer demand
- Manage & allocate ad inventory to maximize effective playlisting opportunities
- Analyze & share the effects of marketing initiatives responding quickly to changes required
- Devise & implement initiatives to grow premium user bases, converting users from ad funded access
- Create basic advertising assets (banners, HPTOs and radio ads) & traffic assets to media partners
- Working closely with digital account leads to maximize opportunities across business partners
- Work with brand partner teams to develop new playlist opportunities
- Develop & integrate robust social strategies to grow playlist engagement & market share
- Liaising with global stakeholder teams, label teams and Artist Management representatives to grow playlisting to set KPI's.
- Identify new ways to market & grow UMG existing & new playlist brands including uDiscover Music & Digster
- Learn & share best practices across USM teams
- A passion for all a wide range of music genres & styles including new release & catalog
- Solid marketing experience within demonstrable experience of streaming and subscription services
- Proven experience in marketing practices to aid growth & acquire audiences
- Credible worker, able to work with numerous stakeholders.
- Ability to work with a global team understanding local cultural differences
- Self-motivated and conscientious
- Good understanding of consumer insights & segmentation practices
- Comfortable using data & analytics to inform key decisions
- Very good communication skills
- A good knowledge of Universal's catalog repertoire would be an advantage
- A second European language also advantageous
- Good understanding of A&R & product development
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite (CS6)
- A good understanding of metadata & digital supply chain processes
- Advanced Excel user