Sr FX TD
Encore, a Deluxe Entertainment Services Group company, has a position in its visual effects department in Burbank, CA. Encore is an Emmy award winning VFX house, providing outstanding visual effects work for television and motion pictures. Encore provides post production services to top television series and is owned by Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc. Deluxe is the leading provider of a broad range of entertainment industry services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and an international client base.
We currently have an opening for a 3dsMax FX artist with extensive background and experience in creating cinematic photo-real particle smoke, fluid, and rigid body dynamics. The position is located in Burbank, CA.
- working within the show structure and production deadlines to complete all tasks
- integrating created elements into scenes with lighting, shadows, reflections, etc.
- working closely with Lighting Artist and Compositors to ensure all effects will work smoothly within the show pipeline
- producing look-tests based on provided reference materials
- minimum 5 years proficiency in using 3dsMax for FX creation, or any FX Plugins for 3dsmax (Fume, Krakatoa, Thinking Particles, etc.)
- bachelor's degree in Animation, Arts, Fine Arts, or equivalent production experience
- decent experience using Nuke
- knowledge of any and/or all of the following:
- rigid body and particle dynamics
- volume modeling and rendering
- procedural geometry generation
- fluid dynamics
- strong understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
- experience with one or more other professional software packages, preferably 3ds Max, or Maya, a plus
- scripting proficiency using Python, a plus
- strong technical knowledge and organizational skills
- good communication skills and able to take exact direction from show leads and FX TDs
About Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is the global leader in digital services and technology solutions for content creation and delivery. Since 1915 Deluxe has been a trusted partner to Hollywood studios, independent filmmakers, TV networks, online content producers, brands, and anyone looking to bring stories and experiences to audiences. Deluxe Creative companies house the world’s top talent, amplified through a unified technology and business infrastructure to streamline processes, move media seamlessly, and connect our teams globally. Deluxe Delivery Solutions offer everything clients need to transform and deliver content in any format and release or broadcast window, for any recipient, to any device and destination. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York, and operations in 25 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of 7,000 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, and innovators.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.