Sr. 3D Environment Artist at GreenPark Sports
GreenPark is looking for a Senior 3D Environment Artist that will be responsible for building stylized worlds for fandom across multiple sports. As an Environment Artist, you are a creative driving force with superb strength in spatial composition, level production pipelines, and an eye for quality bar within the constraints of mobile devices. You are an expert at level creation and can leverage the help from external partners to achieve the grand vision. The candidate must have experience developing for iOS & Android platforms.
Primary Responsibilities & Job Duties:
- Work closely with design, art leadership, and all creative disciplines to develop interactive worlds.
- Compose greybox level layouts, proxy modeling, and produce benchmark real-time assets.
- Participate in scoping and planning with Art Leads, Producers, and Outsource Managers.
- Supervise quality standards internally and externally via feedback loops.
- Manage end-to-end level production workflow and be an ambassador of best practices.
- Manage and Integration of final assets to ensure quality and cohesion.
- Participate in optimization of content, pipelines, processes, and proactively propose new tools and solutions.
- 4 years of professional environment design in AAA game titles and at least one shipped title.
- Advanced fundamentals in environmental design (composition, values, color theory, lighting, architecture, landscape and urban design).
- Specialist in stylized-cartoon modeling and surfacing using Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, and Substance Painter, or equivalent.
- Skilled in high to low polygon modeling.
- Experience working with Unity game development pipelines and tools.
- Experience developing real-time assets and materials optimized for mobile devices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; communicates with impact and diplomacy.
- Professional experience working closely with a structured, small team but is a self-starter when needed.
- Demonstrates high standards of excellence in work.
- Efficient at prioritizing to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced live operations development environment.
- A deep love of video games.
Note: Please do not forget to also submit your portfolio.
What we offer
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing locations - LA (Remote due to COVID-19) and SF (Downtown Burlingame/Remote due to COVID-19).
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As an early team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Away Games: With a team split between Los Angeles and Burlingame, there’s occasional travel.
Please note: We do NOT offer H1B sponsorship or transfers at this time.
We’re building the future of Fan Engagement experiences for live sports. It’s a frenetic, all-in, raise-the-stakes and show-your-passion mobile game experience where the best fans win. Our fast-growing all-star team loves both sports and eSports and we’re not afraid to show it. Hey, that’s game, set and match! We offer exciting times ahead, lots of spectacular twists and turns, hard work and the sweet success of achieving something most people wouldn’t think possible - if they could imagine it at all. Ask questions, think thoughts and if it seems like a match, let’s chat.
Job Applicant Notice at Collection
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at GreenPark Sports, Inc. When creating a profile and submitting your application, we will collect the following categories of personal information: direct identifiers, such as your name and contact information; professional information, such as your previous employment, education background, and work authorizations (e.g., work visas); and other information you include in your resume, cover letter and other job application materials, such as your preferences, skills, abilities, and references. We also may collect your social media information if you connect your social media account when creating a profile.
We use each category of the information you provide to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) that you apply to and other job openings at GreenPark Sports, Inc. that we think may interest you. We also use each category of information for other business purposes, including to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, to manage our workforce, to detect security incidents, and to protect against fraudulent or other illegal activity.