Senior VFX Artist (R&D)
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends. It has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world, and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports. We build visually beautiful experiences for a global audience while also crafting new games, giving artists exciting and complex problems to tackle. We work side-by-side with game designers, narrative writers, and audio designers and engineers to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve. From animations to illustrations, cinematics to comics, characters to environments, we work as a team to put players first.
Some new R&D projects are in the works! As a Senior VFX Artist, you’ll work closely with the Lead VFX Artist or Art Director and help drive the visual style of the visual effects. You’ll also work with Gameplay Designers and translate their mechanics into believable actions that enhance the overall gameplay experience. Finally, you’ll create assets using cutting-edge real-time visual effects technologies.
- Balance visual satisfaction and gameplay clarity to ensure amazing effects accurately represent a given action or state
- Craft aesthetically astounding visual effects that communicate essential game information and bring together the essence of characters
- Use your deep understanding of visual effects to synthesize brand new assets from classic designs
- Provide as-needed support of all aspects of VFX process; from set-up through production and troubleshooting
- You will work in the engine and own both the technical and creative problem spaces
- You will communicate with various other disciplines to ensure all assets are performant
- PhotoShop, Maya or 3DS Max
- Unity, Unreal, or equivalent game engine VFX tools
- Adobe Animate, AfterEffects, Houdini, FumeFX
As a part of the application process, you will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).