Senior Rigger at Deluxe Entertainment
Encore VFX looking for FREELANCE MAYA Riggers- (Burbank)
Encore VFX is an Emmy Award Winning Visual Effects Facility, providing outstanding visual effects work for television and motion picture projects. Some of our past or current projects include The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Black Lightning, Insecure, Narcos, Riverdale, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Sense 8, American Gods, Magicians, etc.
The perfect candidate would love to join our team of passionate people that have come together from across the globe to create innovative VFX work. It’s a fast paced and growth-oriented work environment where boredom is non-existent and you will have new challenges to tackle on the daily basis.
- Generate a variety of realistic creature, hero, digital double, vehicle and prop rigs.
- Rig and deform realistic body and facial rigs largely using our joint-based rig systems.
- Work on multiple assets when needed.
Experience working on a variety of issues, such as mechanical systems, animals, complex realistic body and face deformation, automation thru scripting, tentacles, ropes, vehicles, crowd characters, and anything else we throw at you.
Strong technical and communication skills, as well as, a firm understanding of production workflow.
- Provide reel demonstrating both control systems and complex deformations.
- 5 years-experience with production-level character rigging, scripting and tool development.
- Strong knowledge of Maya’s rigging toolset, including: skeleton placement, skinning techniques, IK/FK setup, corrective BlendShape workflow, expressions, utility nodes, and Maya deformers.
- Strong comprehension of anatomy and articulation (human and creature mechanics).
- Keen artistic eye to drive the look of realistic and appealing surface deformations.
- Production experience with MEL and Python scripting.
About Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is the global leader in digital services and
technology solutions for content creation and delivery. Since 1915 Deluxe has been a
trusted partner to Hollywood studios, independent filmmakers, TV networks, online content
producers, brands, and anyone looking to bring stories and experiences to audiences.
Deluxe Creative companies house the world’s top talent, amplified through a unified
technology and business infrastructure to streamline processes, move media seamlessly,
and connect our teams globally. Deluxe Delivery Solutions offer everything clients need to
transform and deliver content in any format and release or broadcast window, for any
recipient, to any device and destination. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York,
and operations in 25 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of
7,000 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, and innovators.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.