Senior Copywriter (Digital)
At LegalZoom, we believe that everyone should have access to quality legal solutions. So, we've built a trusted and accessible technology-based platform to reduce barriers and help empower millions of people to grow their business, care for their families, protect their ideas and more. From estate planning, to business formations to IP, we've helped millions of customers, providing the protection and peace of mind they need. To date, we've grown to become the leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses, and we're committed to making our services even more valuable and easier to use than ever before.
We are looking for a Senior Copywriter who can create clarity through communication. We don't speak jargon-and we hope you don't either. You'll work with a cross-functional team of product managers and marketers, designers, and developers on product innovation.
In this position, you'll do the following nifty things:
- For starters, write. And write well.
- Defend strengths in concepts while remaining open to input and further explorations
- Provide compelling copy for landing pages, product flows, emails, and collateral (online and offline)
- Create fascinating stories via video, OOH, social, and other forms of media
- Maintain our brand voice in all product touch points, pre- and post-purchase
- Strategize with product and marketing teams on customer experience, business objectives, and how to best bring our services to the public
- Bring empathy and clarity through your words, and always see things from a customer's point of view
To be considered for this role, you must:
- Have at least 8 years of copywriting experience as a member of an in-house creative team or a creative agency
- Have prime communication skills, and the ability to present and sell your work across multi-functional teams and leadership
- A portfolio that highlights your approach to problem-solving, as well as the solutions themselves
- Have the ability to turn data and insight into copy that measurably enhances our customer experience
- Have experience in developing copy strategy with other teams to craft consistent messaging across all projects
- Be deadline-driven and able to comfortably juggle multiple copy assignments at any given time
- Deftly navigate different and collaborative ways of working based on project and team needs
- Have a can-do attitude and the ability to embrace and manage conflict for the benefit of the work product
- Understand that legal services can be confounding to a lot of folks. So the skill to write copy that is simple, thoughtful, and empowering is what gets you a seat at the writers' table.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders across the company
- An eye for detail, good proofreading skills, and experience in brand communications are musts; works and plays well with others, essential.
Read Full Job Description