We’re building the future of Fan Engagement experiences for live sports. It’s a frenetic, all-in, raise-the-stakes and show-your-passion mobile game experience where the best fans win. Our fast-growing all-star team loves both sports and eSports and we’re not afraid to show it. We've closed a healthy Seed Round with investors that represent all major leagues that believe as passionately as we do in our future of sports and fan engagement.
The Senior 3D Character Artist will be responsible for crafting exceptional real-time benchmark assets for mobile games in our Calabasas studio. Working within a Unity game development pipeline, the Character Artist will collaborate cross discipline between art, animation, and design to create compelling characters, accessories, and props that fulfills the creative vision and desired gaming experiences. Additionally, the Character Artist is responsible for transferring knowledge at scale between internal artists and external partners. The candidate must have experience as a developer on iOS & Android platforms.
- Work with art leadership, concept, animation, and tech art, to create high quality real-time assets.
- Create both high resolution 3D models or sculpts, low polygon assets, and various Level-of-Details.
- Partner closely with art outsource to document knowledge for production at scale.
- Supervise quality standards internally and externally, and participate in vendor feedback.
- Integration of assets from proxy to final and ensure quality standards are met.
- Problem solver - participate in optimizing art production, pipelines, processes, and propose new tools and solutions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong foundation in art and design fundamentals (design, composition, color theory).
- Specialist in stylized-cartoon character modeling using Maya, Zbrush, and Photoshop, or equivalent.
- Understanding in video game development, tools, high and low polygon modeling.
- Exceptional understanding of gestures, shape and silhouette as it pertains to character modeling and skinning.
- Proficient in Unity game development pipelines and tools.
- Experience developing real-time assets and materials optimized for mobile devices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; communicates with impact
- Professional experience working closely with a structured, small team but is a self-starter when needed.
- Demonstrates high standards of excellence in work.
- Efficient at prioritizing to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced live operations development environment.
- A deep love of video games.
Note: Please submit a portfolio demonstrating your Character Art work with your application.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing locations - LA (Remote due to COVID-19) and SF (Downtown Burlingame/Remote due to COVID-19).
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As an early team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Away Games: With a team split between Los Angeles and Burlingame, there’s occasional travel.
We find ourselves in unusual times and as such, both of our offices are on a Work From Home schedule due to COVID-19. But don't worry, we have your back when it comes to provisioning all the necessary hardware you will need to perform at the top of your game all from the comfort of your home.
Please note: We do NOT offer H1B sponsorship or transfers at this time.