Publishing Associate (China)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Publishing Associate (China), you work closely with you will be working with a team of fellow gamers and creative professionals, you will develop publishing efforts and see them through the execution of key publishing programs that bring value, excitement, and trust to the players in China. You'll work closely with Brand, Communications, Production and our partner teams as well as third-party vendors to reach new heights for League of Legends.
- Experienced: You bring at least 3+ years of account servicing and digital media management experience; you speak and write fluent English and Chinese while having an in-depth knowledge about the Chinese culture.
- Player-focused: More diehard than fans, you know the importance of listening to player needs because you are a player too; you understand that every decision you made would impact players in different ways, so you are mindful about creating seamless, player-worthy experiences.
- THE Project Manager: Your project management skills are strong, you are flexible and resourceful enough to make things happen through people internally or externally and meeting tight deadlines are never a Mission-Impossible to you.
- Think BIG and SMALL: You show strong strategic thinking, being able to make decisions in a macro perspective considering your partner and the market ecosystem; but at the same time, you show the same attention to details because you know that it is the details that make the difference.
- Communicative: You are a phenomenal communicator, not only you can speak your mind directly, you can layout the logics behind; you are persuasive towards internal stakeholders as well as external partners
- Part of THE Community: You are sensitive towards what is happening within the Chinese player community, about their feelings and sentiments, questions and concerns; you are more than familiar with these topics because you are part of the community.
- Tasteful: You are the ultimate taste and style guru who can objectively define a creative's goods and bads in a very structural manner because you aspire to build League of Legends a premium gaming brand.
- Develop and execute key League of Legends in game and out of game publishing projects and follow up through in every step of execution working with internal teams, partner teams, and third-party vendors to deliver value and excitements to players in China
- Coordinate complex schedules across a variety of time zones, arrange all meetings, and manage publishing calendar to support internal & partner usage
- Support and facilitate our publishing partner in China to make sure that League of Legends publishing strategies are well implemented in a play focused and authentic way
- Track content performance and player sentiment as a daily habit, compile analytics to better inform how well different contents reach and inform players thus further improving the content strategy
- Be the central source of information and knowledge about all League of Legends player facing contents and as the nexus of all communications
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.