Product Documentation Director
As our Product Documentation Director you will be the leader of the product organization's documentation team and will be responsible for building cohesive and comprehensive materials to convey product design, functionality and best practices to internal and external audiences.
We envision a world where everyone who needs information can find that information quickly, easily and in a format that is best suited for their needs. Whether it is internal information created for engineers, product managers, or designers or if it is customer facing, persona based, material to help our users understand a new feature or workflow and realize the full value of their investment in ServiceTitan. Whether it is text, video, voice, or a combination; our goal is to provide seamless access to knowledge that enables success across our entire lifecycle of product development, delivery and support.
What' you'll do:
- Augment our Documentation capability: Build the product documentation organization and establish partnerships with peer organizations to ensure comprehensive, end to end documentation workflows, including all product related materials for internal and external consumption. External materials will be developed in conjunction with Product Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success Organizations. Additionally, all release notes and materials that will benefit customers will be either directly created or heavily influenced by your team.
- Establish and Maintain Documentation Framework: Establish the framework ServiceTitan's Product team will use to document features, product development processes including engineering and technical documentation, design workflows, user personas, release management and all materials required to deliver customer facing explanations.
- Establish and Maintain Documentation Processes: Establish the best practices for documentation in order to streamline all workflows and to ensure clarity of metrics, reporting, KPIs, and needed artifacts for continuous improvement of the development pipeline.
- Drive Documentation Output: Partner with your peers in product, engineering, design, technical project management, QA, marketing, sales, customer success, finance, and business development to ensure that product documentation is created, maintained and available for all required audiences. While it isn't your team's duty to write every document, you should ensure that the teams responsible for providing content and documents know how, when and where to deliver.
- Create Multi-Format Output: Create or influence creation of materials that go beyond traditional written documentation to include multimedia formats as appropriate to the audience. Your goal is to convey the right information to the right audience quickly and efficiently in whatever format that requires.
- Measure Impact: Your team will measure the positive impact of valuable processes and product documentation by setting and achieving goals related to operational efficiency, communication effectiveness and customer satisfaction. Ideally any and all processes and documentation you and your team develops creates a more effective process and a faster information exchange for your customers internal and external.
What you'll need:
- Prior experience both writing for and leading documentation efforts in a technology company, with a track record of transformation/value realization thanks to a flawlessly executed investment in documentation capabilities.
- 4 years of leadership/team management experience in a product, process or documentation relevant role
- Bachelor's degree from a top university, MBA or graduate degree preferred
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to organize information, see patterns in noise, interpret technical engineering speak and quickly and clearly deliver a meaningful message
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2018
Los Angeles Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Company, 2018
Deloitte Fast 500, 2018
Inc 5000 - Best Workplaces, 2018
Inc. 5000 – America’s Fastest Growing Companies, 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Highest Rated Cloud Computing Companies, 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Forbes - Next Billion-Dollar Startup List, 2017