Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
Pluto TV is looking for an incredibly talented Preditor who will conceptualize, producing and delivering stunning creative across our channels and platforms. You have the experience, imagination and technical skill to produce eye-catching promotions, cutting-edge sizzles, interstitials and more, consistently and on deadline. Your drive and passion propel you to push the boundaries of modern production trends and explore Pluto TV’s wealth and breadth of content to produce the most visually compelling promos possible.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Produce, direct, animate and edit video projects including on-air and off-air promotions, marketing and sales tapes, and videos for executives and events
- Implement cutting-edge and visually stunning animations to promos, sizzles and trailers
- Should be able to manage a large volume of multiple assignments and tasks and collaborate with the team, while working under intense deadline pressure and tight budgets
- Pitch concepts/scripts to supervisors and other team members
- Track down and secure any assets required for successful production: footage, soundups, music, fonts, logos, animations, etc
- Coordinate internally with Content Editors to procure best content, Assistant Editor for selects, Designers and Animators for graphics
- Work within the department to outsource any necessary aspects of production (graphics, illustrations, animators, composers, designers, etc.)
- React to feedback, notes and direction given by supervisors and team leaders and offers thoughtful solutions and opinions
- Contribute towards building the brand identity
- Communicate the ongoing stages of production to other teams where necessary
- Enthusiastic team member, proactively sharing ideas and best practices
- Show creative ambition, willingness to take risks and explore new concepts
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar position within an agency or entertainment company
- Strong motion graphics background, specializing in on-screen animations and interstitials
- A passion for movies, TV and pop culture in general
- Strong knowledge of current industry trends regarding on-air television promotion, social media, OTT, etc.
- Strong knowledge of current trends in video production
- Ability to write strong and distinctive copy
- A genuine desire to push boundaries, explore and push the envelope in terms of video production
- Advanced understanding of post-production, editing and sound design
- Ability to work with deadlines even if under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
Becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
At PlutoTV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.