Post Production Assistant - Contract at MotorTrend Group
This is a contract role and you will not be directly employed by MotorTrend Group. You'll be required to work through a third party agent called TCW.
- Rate: $22 - $23/hr based on experience
- Hours: 40 hours a week.
- Must be able to work remotely but ideally based in Los Angeles
The Post Production Assistant (Freelance, Full Time, Hourly) will assist the studio in all aspects of post-production for MotorTrend Studio content as well as other MT video outlets (web, broadcast, etc). Essential duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assist all Original Programming with logistical needs such as research, organizing files, and maintaining databases
- Quality control of all review cuts and final deliverables
- Update and maintain IMDB pages, and trackers for all existing and legacy content for Original Programming
- Assist Post Producers in asset research, including imagery, music, and third-party video
- Update and maintain schedules and calendars for Post Producers across all shows
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable.
- 2-4 years previous experience in video/television post-production, or equivalent education and experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong command or project details, self-motivated and excellent multi-tasking skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Proficient in Mac OSX, Excel, Word and other basic computer applications
- Experience with non-linear editing systems, especially Avid Media Composer a plus
- Baseline understanding, interest, or experience in the automotive industry a plus
- Proficient in Google Calendar and Drive
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Calendar, Sheets, Drive
- Experience with Adobe suite of tools (Photoshop, After Effects, etc) a plus
- Understanding of common file delivery methods
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.