How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Work with Head of Programming and Development (Media Ventures) to develop and execute a strategy for building out a podcast network
- Create and develop original podcast ideas, take pitches from podcast creators and identify audio storytelling opportunities that align with the Headspace brand by leveraging relationships within the podcasting community
- Manage show development lifecycle from green-lighting to release and beyond including developing out treatments and scripts, overseeing pilots, and launching new shows
- Help negotiate podcast deals and develop and manage budgets for each show
- Work cross-functionally with product, social, and media ventures team to identify opportunities to support brand initiatives and maximize audience growth
- Partner with sales and distribution partners to ensure programming is monetized and revenue goals are met
- Be curious, embrace and thrive in the ever-evolving, fast-paced communications, health and technology fields. Translate trends in wellness and self-improvement into relevant IP for podcasts. Track competition and trends to help guide strategy.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 6+ years of experience in content development and production for podcast, terrestrial or satellite radio, or similar audio medium. Preference for a podcast native who has spent years immersed in the space.
- Experience working across a variety of genres and styles: documentary, in-depth interview, news, etc.
- Deep relationships in the podcast space with podcast creators, agents, managers, talent and producers
- Experience working collaboratively with creative and talent
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Hands-on audio editing skills (currently in use or in your past)
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and meet all deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail