Photo & Video Editor
As the photo and video editor, you will be work closely with the editorial and social media teams to bring their stories and ideas to life in video form. A typical assignment could be anything from just taking an article and making a video out of it with images and text overlays, to going to CES and filming all the new products coming out. You’re versatile, creative and you know how to create visual content that grabs people’s attention. You will also be our resident photographer, so taking product shots for product reviews is also important. You’re an excellent video/photo editor who is organized and can work on multiple projects with various deadline requirements.
- Film and edit all in-house video content
- Upload our video content to YouTube and our social channels
- Photograph products for product review articles
- Contribute to defining style and branding techniques that give our video a voice and make it stand out
- Assist the editorial team with sourcing and editing hero images for articles
- Pitch and execute video projects that can get Slickdeals in front of a new audience
- Run point for any video content that is included in sponsored branded content packages. This includes ideation, script writing and execution.
- Report on key KPIs associated with video content
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Creative mind and self-starter. You always have ideas and can be productive while working independently as well as in groups.
- You’re organized and know how to prioritize multiple projects while keeping stakeholders informed
- Knows how to grab viewers’ attention quickly
- You’re a natural storyteller with sound editorial judgment
- You know the Adobe Creative Suite like a writer knows WordPress
- Love trying new things, even if it means you sometimes fail
- Equally comfortable operating a DSLR on a gimbal as you are shooting something quick with a smartphone
- Strong knowledge of best practices for video content on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
- Knows have to navigate the ever-changing storytelling landscape. Adept at telling long-form, short-form, and bite-sized stories through video.
- Stays up to date on the latest equipment and industry trends for video production
- At least 3 years of production experience
- Effective communicator
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field
- Digital portfolio that showcases recent work
- Motion graphics experience highly preferred
- Ability to take a job from concept to completion.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Slickdeals is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Slickdeals will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the "Ban the Box" legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application.