We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog and special markets entity for Universal Music Group (UMG). Working in concert with all of the company's record labels, UMe provides a frontline approach to catalog management, a concentration of resources, a greater emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives and opportunities in new technologies.
- Photo research for physical and digital projects and researching photo rights/contracts.
- Licensing/negotiation of photo usage fees with photographers, their representatives/photo archive houses.
- Researching/sourcing album artwork. Includes in-house research as well as purchasing vintage album covers and other printed material, and securing the corresponding approvals to make those purchases.
- Scanning photos and album covers, and delivering scans to outsideretouchers and end-users such as graphic designers.
- Assist Business Affairs with research for photographer litigations and providing other information pertaining to photo usage rights.
- Field third-party photo requests for book publishing, film & television, and music/video products, and coordinate with Business Affairs and Licensing departments.
- Reviewing new release artwork routings for corrections and approval.
- Set up box.com folders for group collaborations.
- Maintain a Creative Services department Excel sheet log for digital albums to be delivered to Production department.
- Shipping packages to and from UMG vault and storage facilities.
- Shipping/messengering packages
- Downloading/uploading digital files from internal and external sources.
- Inventorying and boxing up photos, artwork, reference product, and contracts to be checked into offsite storage.
- Digitization of photo contracts and other billing paperwork.
- Photo agreements and licensing
- Photo research
- Purchasing / scanning for digital releases
- Strong research skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to manage deadlines
- Knowledge of photoshop
- 2+ years' experience with photo research, licensing of images, and negotiation
- College preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.