Manager, Production at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a Manager, Production reporting to our Director, Production in executing all of The Trade Desk's brand, social and educational platform productions, supporting the global creative team. The ideal candidate will have experience producing a range of content including video, stills, animation and illustration. S/he should have experience working as an on set producer on photo and video shoots as well as a thorough understanding of post-production processes. The candidate should have experience working and implementing processes with editors, retouchers, motion graphics artists, colorists, sound designers and post-production houses as well as established relationships with industry agents, directors, photographers, crews, designers, illustrators and creative artists. In this role, you will also be responsible for actively establishing and managing relationships with external creative partners with the goal of optimizing processes, strengthening relationships, developing shoot proposals, budgets, timelines and overseeing delivery of creative work of the highest quality.
The candidate should possess exceptional attention to detail, a penchant for working well under pressure, and have a deep passion for creating work with impact. This person should be a self-starter, able to work independently and also collaborate with other team members and stakeholders locally and across different regions and time zones.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the creative team proposing talent to execute creative of the highest level for our brand, editorial and educational platforms.
- Develop, establish and maintain strong relationships with creative vendors on a global scale.
- Have an established network of creative partners including but not limited to industry agents, directors, photographers, crews, designers, illustrators and creative artists across the US (bonus points if global).
- Oversee the creative production (including but not limited to) of photo & video shoots, illustrations, animations and podcasts.
- Generate and manage vendor, talent and location contracts.
- Manage invoice collection, submission, coding and payment tracking process.
- Arrange department shipments, pick-ups & returns for hard drives, equipment, props, etc. when required.
- Organize and execute expense reports.
- Help traffic post-production for animations, illustrations, video & photo shoots.
- Update production calendar.
- Assist Production Director with shoots by researching production & post-production houses, directors, photographers, illustrators, animators, studios, locations, arranging catering, building call sheets, estimates and any other needs as required.
- When required, act as on-set producer both in an independent capacity or in collaboration with the Director, Production.
- Help source new vendors and keep production databases up to date.
- Help coordinate team and freelancer travel.
- Assist in scheduling pre & post-production meetings with internal and external partners.
- Complete other production related tasks as assigned.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6 – 9 years of content production experience on professional sets.
- Prior administrative experience.
- Adept with Mac computers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Adobe Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere a plus.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be interfacing with all levels of staff and management.
- Must be organized and have excellent attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to adapt to quick-moving schedules and be available for last-minute requests.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Occasional long days and weekends required.
- Must meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.