About the Head of Production at Headspace:
As the Head of Production for Headspace Studios your responsibilities will include overseeing production of all Headspace content. You’ll be directly responsible for managing our production team. You will work closely with our Co-Heads of Development across all of our channels and platforms to help bring creative ideas to life.
The ideal candidate has significant experience building and managing nimble production teams that deliver world class digital content on budget and on time at scale. You should have a proven track record of squeezing as much as you can from a budget and bending time to make the impossible possible. You must be comfortable navigating all production matters, including clearances and production legal issues, guild matters, insurance and payroll, and COVID-19 response plans. The ideal candidate is calm under pressure, comfortable with ambiguity, and enjoys problem solving.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Build scalable production management systems and protocols to support an always-on, quick-twitch production model across various media and platforms.
- Oversee the budgeting of our content-- from initial estimates through post-production (including generating cash flows and tracking cost reports for each of the company's productions).
- Advise on all key production and delivery decisions that impact budget and schedule, including problem solving any issues that arise during production.
- Lead and continue to scale our production team.
- Work hand-in-hand with our content development and programming teams to prep, organize, schedule and assist with the hiring of production crews needed for their respective productions.
- Oversee insurance, permitting, guild matters, crew payroll, production legal, and production safety protocols.
- Work with our Content Management team to create efficient post-production workflows.
- Manage the build-out of a new production studio.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 12+ years of production management experience, with at least 7 years in digital media.
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role, including experience in scaling production teams and building processes from the ground up.
- Experience successfully collaborating with cross-functional teams (from brand to marketing to product) at a digital publisher.
- Deep knowledge of production best practices and a strong network of production personnel.
- Inspiring manager who helps train, mentor and bring the best out in their team.
- Creative problem solver who looks around the corner to anticipate issues before they arise.
- Superhuman organizational skills —nothing slips through the cracks.
- A passion for the quality of programming you produce.
- A self-starter who has an entrepreneurial knack for building things from scratch.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills required to handle multiple projects at once.
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.