Freelance Video Producer
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is looking for a versatile Freelance Video Producer, with 5-7 years of experience who is able to shoot in both studio and field environments. The ideal candidate will be an experienced video producer who demonstrates excellent storytelling, judgment, and production skills working with a smaller crew. This role is a jack of all trades- part producer, part director, and part sound/camera person. Familiar in shooting for the Automotive industry a HUGE plus.
The Producer is a creative, passionate storyteller with a sharp attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The Producer is digitally savvy and is comfortable crafting stories ranging from short infographics and social content, time-sensitive single vehicle reviews, and longer form features and car comparisons.
The Producer will be a hands-on leader and excellent communicator, with the ability to interface with video editors, staff producers, managers and journalists across the company.
Any application must include cover letter, resume, and references.
This position is based Santa Monica, Calif.
This role requires a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with Automotive Editors on their stories and generate a shooting script and production schedule.
- Ensure Automotive editors are comfortable on set and follow script/monitor sound(sometimes we hire Sound Mixers, sometimes the shoots are small and Producer will do this).
- Scout locations as needed.
- Generate Call Sheet and distribute.
- Arrange gear rentals as needed (coordinate pick ups and drop offs).
- Experience with DSLR and conventional HD video systems.
- Working knowledge of the best types of videos for variety of social media platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook.
- Track and Manage budgets per projects.
- Coordinate with all crew members on creative for the shoot.
- Handle collecting all invoices and receipts.
- Coordinate with Post Manager on when/how footage is getting to them.
- Wrap projects with Production Manager with in a week from production ending.
- Work independently, as well as part of a team, to establish project deliverables
- Other video and event support tasks as needed
What You Need:
- Bachelor Degree in Production, TV & Film, Communications, Advertising/Marketing, or similar field
- Strong knowledge of digital formats
- Google Drive Experience (Sheets, Calendar, Doc - all the Google things)
- Must have a high level of flexibility and adaptability with strong interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
- Clean Driving Record
- Has own Laptop
- Can work from the company office in Santa Monica
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Some US travel required, evening/weekend work as needed
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.