Freelance Quiz Writer
Brainjolt is on the hunt for quiz writers who will make it their mission to make MagiQuiz the best quiz site on the internet by writing engaging, insightful, shareable, and funny quizzes. We’re already in the top 30 mobile sites in the whole country. Will your work help us get into the top 10?
We’re looking for innovative writers who already gravitate toward what’s trending online and who have a proven awareness of what people like to read and share. They’re incredibly driven to get content out first; they work quickly and accurately, requiring minimal editorial oversight; they love to experiment until they find what works; and they’re naturally inclined to go to the data to see whether their content is effective.
We are a thriving, growing company seeking like-minded freelancers to help us keep the world in good spirits through fun, inspiring, and heartfelt content.
- Rigorously watch the internet in order to find fun topics that our audience will love and then write, edit, and publish related quizzes on our sites as close to first as possible.
- Create all content with an eye for evoking emotions and motivating shares.
- Continually test inventive ways to improve quizzes — topics, headlines, formatting, genres, word-count, images, videos, etc.
- Happily work across a number of genres if necessary — trivia, personality, video etc.
- You have a clear, casual, punchy writing style.
- You have a keen eye for content.
- You are extremely familiar with the viral web.
- You write irresistible titles and compelling stories. You never stop asking Is this clickable? and Is this shareable? When the answer is No, you know how to fix it or nix it.
- You are familiar with the tools of this trade — at bare minimum WordPress, HTML, Facebook, and a photo editor of some variety.
- You work well with a team but are also successful when working independently
- You have experience. You’ve written for the internet before, and you’ve done it well.
- You work fast and you’re clever as hell.
- You’re funny.
- You’re a sideways thinker.
- No drama.
- Quiz writers are paid a flat rate of $80 per quiz .
- Please send your work experience, along with any writing samples you feel are relevant.
- Include 4 quiz pitches along with 3 possible results for each quiz. Check out MagiQuiz.com for examples.
HOW TO APPLY