Director, Western Studios at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are seeking a Director with our Production Services team to support Western Studios [Capitol Music Group's creative space] in Los Angeles. This role is responsible for the day-to-day management of the studios, including scheduling, customer service and facility operation.
• Manage and facilitate the daily operation, systems and activities to ensure optimal functioning and presentation of the studio
• Directs and organizes the maintenance of all studio repairs, including but limited to, mechanical, electrical and safety/risk management, solving daily issues and formulating long-term solutions
• Day-to-day duties including client support tasks
• Responsible for managing and stocking studio supplies
• Responsible for cleanliness and organization of control rooms, break rooms, closets and bathrooms
• Assist all guests and clients to Studios as needed, including assistance with parking, escort through building, etc.
• Interface with A&R staff for booking studio time
• Interface with Finance and A&R Admin departments regarding studio time billing, rentals, etc.
• Assist engineers in studios in troubleshooting technical issues; escalate when necessary to make sure work can carry on quickly
• Generate and track work-orders and invoices for all sessions
• Oversee and responsible for making sure weekly invoicing is completed and routed to the appropriate systems
• Work with Finance to create and manage monthly billing overview, and regularly review with leadership team
• Partner and collaborate with UMG facilities team to ensure studio facility remains clean and in good repair
• Leadership skills/People management
• Pro-Tools; Digital Recording
• Understanding of entertainment media assets
• Understanding of the major label music business
• Ability to effectively communicate with senior management
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and work independently
• Recording studio and label experience preferred
• BA in relevant field or equivalent work experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.