Director of Publisher Development
The Director of Publisher Development will be responsible for identifying and closing partnerships with online media publishers as well as own the execution and development of StackCommerce’s overall business development strategy. This will include building and managing a pipeline of qualified publisher partners, internal projects, mentoring team members, and evaluating new business models and deal structures to help grow our reach. This person must be self-motivated, analytical, possess strong communication skills, and have a great attitude. This is a high impact role that will come with large expectations. We’re looking for a high achieving self-starter.
What you’ll do:
- Close. Develop strategic relationships with media companies, content sites, online communities, and social influencers to drive revenue. Build and execute long-term vertical strategies.
- Analyze. Develop financial models and lead the negotiation process for our biggest potential partners. Identify and evaluate new opportunities with new partner and vertical types.
- Strategize. Build and execute new biz dev strategies to spur growth. Take lead and execute on a variety of special projects – both internal and external facing.
- Measure. Utilize CRM software to track all pertinent opportunity information and process and support team in forecasting and prioritizing to achieve quarterly goals. Assist in implementing processes and structure to scale the Publisher business quickly and efficiently.
- Lead. Be the clear lead on the outbound biz dev team by being a resource for all parts of the company – bd outreach, account management, and all other teams. Help mentor less experienced members of the team and in general, assist in the achievement of team goals.
- 5+ years experience in business and partnership development, preferably in the digital media/technology space.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and drive with the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic organization.
- A strong bias for action and getting things done, both individually and within the team.
- A solid understanding of web technologies and the digital media revenue ecosystem.
- Deep knowledge in media, tech, and ecommerce industries (and their intersection)
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills – Experience using tools like Salesforce a must.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team; ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of colleagues and external partners.
- Must be highly organized and pick up things quickly, even in a rapidly evolving environment and like to create processes that scale.
- Proven track record in successfully developing partnerships and exceeding quarterly goals. Proven success in the online publishing space is a huge plus.
- Experience at a top-tier start-up, large consumer Internet/eCommerce or media company.
Benefits + Perks:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Vacation: “Unlimited” Paid Vacation
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, Learning allowances, Monthly Books, and Parking+Uber Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Rad Location: Our office is literally on the beach in Venice - Surf everyday!
- Amazing Events: Annual Company Cruise to Mexico, Yoga on the Beach, Bi-Annual Hackathons
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 5.5 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.