Director Content Creation
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog entity for the Universal Music Group. Working closely with all of the company's record labels, UMe provides a frontline approach to catalog management, a greater emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives and opportunities in new and emerging technologies. We manage a diverse and expansive catalog spanning the entire history of recorded music and nearly every genre of music from such renowned record labels as Capitol, Interscope, Def Jam, Geffen, A&M, Motown, Island, and Virgin. The UMe catalog roster includes many of the most iconic and legendary artists of all time, including: The Beatles, Bob Marley, The Rolling Stones, Eminem, Stevie Wonder, Nirvana, and Kanye West.
UMe is seeking a passionate music enthusiast with creativity and innovation to create content for both monetization and marketing purposes. The candidate will require experience with creating online assets for video and audio as well as product development experience, catalog music knowledge, and strong music business background to join our catalog Product Development team as the Manager Content Creation. This role is based in Santa Monica, CA.
- Identify opportunities and create audio visual content including new video creation, lyric videos and webisodes.
- Research and create content from existing audio-visual content to make sure it is commercially available and where possible deliver technical upgrades for DSP's.
- Develop opportunities with pre-existing audio content to create new assets for streaming opportunities including remixes and edits.
- Create editorial around content to create new assets including podcasts.
- Contribute to the playlist content strategy to drive revenue within the catalog business.
- Use insight & analytics to understand current performance and future opportunities for content creation
- Co-ordinate with the archive on accessing content for commercial opportunity.
- Manage the release schedule for all content.
- Work closely with Product development and Marketing teams to develop initiatives.
- Accountable for project expenditure & budgets associated with content creation.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong graphic design, video editing and animation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of audio and video formats.
- Ability to multi-task, ensure meticulous attention to detail, prioritize and work well under pressure.
- Meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Must be current on today's music industry environment including streaming/digital platforms
- Work well independently, take initiative, identify potential issues.
- Successfully problem solve with sound business deliverables.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT), along with a high aptitude for learning new software programs.
- Knowledge of DSP playlist compilations, programming, and content curation for both audio and video
- Stay abreast of new technology, trends and platforms and how this impacts music.
Experience: 6+ years of experience in a similar role
Education: Bachelor's degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.