Omaze raises funds and awareness for charities by offering the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and dream-come-true prizes. We've offered everything from a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, to a walk-on role in Star Wars, to a brand new customized Mercedes Benz sprinter van. We've given over $130M to charities around the world, from donors in 180 countries. Our vision is to be the first for-profit company to give $1B to charity in a single year, and we’re building our team of dedicated and passionate people to help us get there. That’s where you come in!
Who We’re Seeking:
Our Content Team is responsible for the creation of all of Omaze’s marketing and brand assets ranging from videos to emails, social ads, web pages, executive presentations, and much more. The Writer will play a key role in brainstorming once-in-a-lifetime experiences and buzz-worthy promotional video ideas to pitch to our talent ambassadors. Additionally, the writer will be responsible for drafting clear and compelling creative proposals and writing comedic scripts that masterfully blend each talent ambassador’s unique voice with Omaze’s best practices.
- Execute technically and comedically strong written deliveries, including video scripts, video outlines, and creative proposals
- Research talent and brand partners and prepare creative briefs that assist the larger content team in creative brainstorms
- Attend all content team brainstorms and pitch strong creative ideas across a range of assignments, including video concepts, experience headlines, and Omaze brand initiatives
- Attend all creative review sessions and participate in the process of giving and receiving creative writing notes
- Develop new creative delivery templates and update existing templates with any new best practices
- Regularly collaborate with other teammates across departments to understand the larger function of Omaze and the roles within it
Our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of pitching, writing, and producing digital short-form content preferred
- Experience working in fast-paced environments with tight deadlines
- Excels in group creative environments where team culture comes first
- Excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Proficient in Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office, especially Sheets/Excel
- Maintains a proactive approach to planning and focuses on working with cross-functional teams
- A strong knowledge of pop culture is essential while knowledge of sports, travel, and/or cars is a plus.
- Experience working on content featuring A-list talent is a huge plus
- Writers’ room experience a strong plus
- You take your work seriously, but not yourself