Digital Content Editor
We’ve pushed boundaries and thought outside the box to produce an award winning automotive publication brand. If you’re driven by a passion for content, know the difference of what makes content pop digitally, can get down with the details, have publishing/automotive industry expertise, have the chops to lead a team toward success, and are ready to push your career forward…then keep reading!
Whether digital, social, long-form, short-form, video, off-road, import, diesel or domestic—if it’s got horsepower and a story you’re keen to make it win in front of an audience. You will be driving web content for an automotive publication and reporting up to it's Editor-in-Chief. You will have a big impact at CDL by successfully managing our collective content team and steering all of our contributors and freelancers in one concise direction. Ready, set, GO...APPLY HERE!
WHERE YOU WILL BE IN ONE YEAR:
- BLAZE TRAILS! – Be an integral part of an innovative publication in the automotive space. Driving Line is constantly pushing forward so you will sharpen your skills and further your relationships within the automotive industry – from top aftermarket brands to famous car celebrities.
- BROADEN YOUR HORIZONS! – No two days will be the same and no two events will be either. You will get to work across almost all of the automotive niches, on a team that publishes across a huge variety of platforms, challenging yourself to make our web content shine.
- GROW FASTER! -Have proof that you had a big say in a place where your fresh ideas were valued and integrated.
WHAT YOU’LL DO TO GET THERE:
- Execute day-to-day details of web content creation and publishing
- Manage our growing content team and be a leader to all of the publication’s network of 40+ contributors and freelancers
- Keep web publishing on track, including managing contributors, setting daily posting schedule, editing and formatting content while having the opportunity to be on a team working to push the boundaries of what a publication means
- Attend events which may have you trekking through the dirt to capture that winning photo or hob-knobbing with automotive industry elite
- Support the content team in ongoing strategy, reporting and presenting results in order to roll your sleeves up and support the team
- Ideating new content marketing ideas with the team to support client goals
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Publication experience including managing freelancers and publishing on tight deadlines
- Drive execution of content and manage freelancers (We’ll be looking to you to dot the i’s and cross the t’s on content)
- 6.7L what? While we’re not expecting you to wrench every weekend, you will need to be familiar with automotive aftermarket and know the difference between a 5.9 and 6.7
- Always evolving—you don’t do things the same this year as you did the last
- Evaluating and reporting on content success isn’t a new idea to you
- Team spirit to rally the troops and help drive them toward success together
Please link to a portfolio of your work along with resume submission for consideration.
WHAT WE OFFER: (Link to Article)
At Cie Digital Lab’s, we’re looking for fun, bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive technology. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented project and account managers, designers, and developers.
- Health/Benefits: Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k matched.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: Frequent Team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner…
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered lunches, stocked pantries, fridges and unlimited coffee.
- Fitness: There’s an outfitted gym at your disposal.
- Location: With new offices in Irvine, CA, our beautiful open work space is in a building with a florist, salon/barber, café/bar (with an amazing happy hour), free parking, and game room!
Read Full Job Description