Who We Are
Albert is a new kind of financial service that uses powerful technology to automate your finances, with a team of human experts to guide you. Albert saves and invests automatically for you, helps you avoid overdrafts, finds savings you’re missing, identifies bills you’re overpaying, and much more. Text Albert a financial question, and we’ll not only offer guidance; we’ll help you make it happen.
We’re an LA-based startup with a proven business model, backed by top-tier institutional investors, with over 4 million users who have trusted Albert to help them achieve their financial goals. We’re on a mission to improve the financial lives of millions of people with a beautifully designed, simple product, and we’re looking for thoughtful, talented people to join us on our journey.
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced copywriter who will contribute irresistible lines for ads in addition to growing our in-house newsletter, The Post. You'll be joining our "copy pod" of three — soon to be five — writers. Our copy spans Albert's product/UX, growth/marketing, and organic content/social media realms — so you'll have to be interested in all of them. But about half your time will be focused on The Post: writing 2–3 editions a week that are equal parts eye-opening and entertaining. Pitching and curating content, proofreading, and editing also come with the territory.
So, an interest in people's budgets and spending habits, and the economy in general, is key. This is a great opportunity to create editorial content in a tech startup environment with plenty of latitude and support.
When you're not working on The Post, you'll be jumping into brainstorms with the entire marketing team and writing fresh, funny, effective ad copy for Facebook, Instagram, and beyond. Plus TV and radio ad scripts! (Some UX product writing might also land on your plate.) You should be comfortable writing both independently and collaboratively.
Things you're good at:
- Collaborating — and being creative. You're an indispensable part of our brainstorms, contributing ideas alongside every member of marketing, including designers, writers, strategists, and sometimes the CEO.
- Listening, reading, communicating. If something's unclear, you know what questions to ask.
- Juggling multiple deadlines. You'll be collaborating on projects across departments, all with different timelines. You know how to manage your own workflow.
- Paying attention to detail. You spot a typo from a mile away.
- Editorial judgment. You have a preternatural knack for identifying topics and headlines that are interesting and illuminating, extremely clickable but not clickbaity.
- Speaking to millennials and Gen Z. You know how to write for our core audience.
- And writing, of course. You love to play with words. Your writing has a sense of humor without sacrificing clarity, power, or empathy. You thrive on the fine boundary between writing in a professional style and maintaining a “real,” engaging voice. Sometimes our copy experiments with absurdism and sometimes it's meat-and-potato sales performance. You have the range.
- At least four years experience writing for a publication, brand, and/or agency
- Experience working on a team in a quickly changing, deadline-driven setting
- A portfolio of your writing is a MUST — playful, compelling, of various lengths
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- 401k match
- Free lunch
Job Applicants California Privacy Notice
This California Privacy Notice applies to personal information of California job applicants that Albert collects and processes as it relates to the submission of a job application.
Read Full Job Description