Content Producer, Mobile Game at GreenPark Sports
GreenPark is looking for a Game Producer with a strong understanding of game development best practices and production methodologies, collaborating with our teams to ensure clear goals are outlined and realized throughout the phases of development and major milestones. When particularly hard problems arise, you will draw upon your diverse experience and the collective creativity of the team to remove blockers and produce the ultimate solution always keeping the end user in mind. The ideal candidate will have experience working with teams through all aspects of the product life cycle including prototyping, pre-production, production, beta, and release. By blending your production experience with your engineering, artistic, and design know-how you will empower the team to create exciting new experiences.
Primary Responsibilities & Job Duties:
- Champion the team by building a strong culture of empowerment and self-accountability where creativity and self-direction flourish
- Facilitate team ceremonies such as weekly syncs, milestone planning, build reviews, play-tests, brainstorm sessions, and feature kickoffs
- Coordinate and manage production schedules, feature backlogs and major milestones
- Partner with design, art, and engineering to prioritize features, goals, and sub tasks based on team need, long-term player value, scope, and dependencies that ensure we hit our milestones
- Create project road maps and block schedules that provide the team with clear visibility and line-of-sight on achieving future milestones
- Ensure teams understand goals and manage delivery through all phases of development
- Identify and communicate feature requests and requirements to team and stakeholders; includes gathering requirements, performing GAP analyses, and writing feature specs
- Collaborate and Communicate identified risks in advance and support execution of mitigation plans
- Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game development methodologies, and emergent technology
- Minimum 3 years of game development experience with a focus on mobile free-to-play games
- Proven track record as a Producer or Designer of successful AAA game with a deep knowledge of free-to-play mobile games. Please do not apply unless you have met this requirement. (Please be sure to include a list of games you have worked on in your resume)
- A passionate game player with in-depth knowledge of making great games
- Proven ability to producing, launching, maintaining and/or growing top-performing games
- Strong analytical, technical and project management skills
- Knowledge of game industry-standard software tools, design documents and production processes/best practices (budgets, game concept and prototyping creation, project management, bug reports and defect tracking).
- Knowledge of software development life cycle like Scrum, project management, and production processes, and have used supporting software (i.e.: JIRA)
- Experience building and managing strong cross-discipline teams that are self-directing
- Collaborative and progressive thinker capable of inspiring large teams towards a unified goal
- Proven ability to create, track, and maintain complex schedules
- Can independently drive several projects on-time and on-budget while meeting the highest level of quality.
- Demonstrated ability to identify production risks and proactively mitigate them
- Able to communicate effectively with engineering, art, design, audio, and QA
- You feel comfortable speaking to a broad spectrum of topics to multiple teams, you are well versed in game production
- Willingness and experience mentoring others
Note: Please do not forget to also submit link to your portfolio so that we can see examples of your work (e.g. roadmaps, block schedules, development dashboards, PowerPoint presentations, etc.).
What we offer
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing locations - LA (Remote due to COVID-19) and SF (Downtown Burlingame/Remote due to COVID-19).
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As an early team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Away Games: With a team split between Los Angeles and Burlingame, there’s occasional travel.
Please note: We do NOT offer H1B sponsorship or transfers at this time.
We’re building the future of Fan Engagement experiences for live sports. It’s a frenetic, all-in, raise-the-stakes and show-your-passion mobile game experience where the best fans win. Our fast-growing all-star team loves both sports and eSports and we’re not afraid to show it. Hey, that’s game, set and match! We offer exciting times ahead, lots of spectacular twists and turns, hard work and the sweet success of achieving something most people wouldn’t think possible - if they could imagine it at all. Ask questions, think thoughts and if it seems like a match, let’s chat.
Job Applicant Notice at Collection
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at GreenPark Sports, Inc. When creating a profile and submitting your application, we will collect the following categories of personal information: direct identifiers, such as your name and contact information; professional information, such as your previous employment, education background, and work authorizations (e.g., work visas); and other information you include in your resume, cover letter and other job application materials, such as your preferences, skills, abilities, and references. We also may collect your social media information if you connect your social media account when creating a profile.
We use each category of the information you provide to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) that you apply to and other job openings at GreenPark Sports, Inc. that we think may interest you. We also use each category of information for other business purposes, including to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, to manage our workforce, to detect security incidents, and to protect against fraudulent or other illegal activity.