Who We Are:
StackCommerce is the leading product discovery platform for publishers and brands. Our award-winning solution allows users to discover and purchase products on the publisher sites they visit daily. We provide 2500+ merchants and retailers with unmatched exposure through product listings and shoppable articles. For publishers, we power white-labeled e-commerce shops with on-site checkout for readers. We’ve helped over 1,000 publishers monetize with commerce, including Yahoo!, CNN, Hearst, Mashable, NY Post, TMZ, MarketWatch, and more.
This role will include creating an editorial calendar and SEO strategy for some of the world’s top publishers, so strong merchandising and SEO skills are a must. You have a knack for figuring out what products readers want to buy across a wide range of verticals, including finance, news, internet culture, and tech. As the Commerce Editor, you will work closely with our Editorial Director and be responsible for setting and delivering on revenue goals.
- Lead strategy and day-to-day management of our affiliate content program
- Use search data, Google trends, cultural events, and affiliate retail sources to inform your content strategy
- Negotiating premium commission rates with retailers and advertisers
- Navigate major affiliate networks and develop best practices for sourcing deals
- Recruit, train, and manage freelance writers to scale article volume
- Research shopping trends across a wide range of verticals
- Report on short-term and long-term revenue and engagement metrics
- Write and edit articles while adhering to individual publisher style guides and best practices
- Execute “tent-pole” content strategies around holidays and shopping events
- Assist in editing articles for our Shops commerce program when necessary
- 3-5 years of experience writing and/or editing shopping content at a major publication
- Strong grammar and spelling skills
- Knowledgeable in Google Analytics and SERP ranking techniques
- Background in managing freelance writers
- Comfortable negotiating commission rates and forming relationships with advertisers
- Self-starter who’s not afraid to generate new ideas
What to Expect:
- Intro Call: You’ll hop on a quick call with the hiring manager so we can get to know you better — and you can learn a little more about the role.
- Homework Assignment: We will send over a quick writing exercise that challenges you to solve a problem and come up with creative solutions. Get a feel for what you’ll be doing on a daily basis!
- Remote-Team Interview: You’ll be meeting with 5-6 team members on a video call. This is your chance to ask questions and see who this role interacts with on a daily basis.
- Final Video Call: This is a great opportunity to get to know our COO or CEO over video.
- Offer: We send over an offer and you (hopefully) accept! Welcome to Stack!
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Competitive Compensation Package: Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” Thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done
- Unlimited Vacation: Take time to unwind
- Learning Budget: Dollars towards eLearning courses, eBooks, and more
- WFH Office: Home office stipend and internet dollars to set you up for success
- Events: Weekly happy hours, company trips, team bonding budgets, quarterly company “Hack Days”, monthly birthday celebrations, and team culture events (even while remote!)
- When We’re Back at the Office:
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal
By the numbers...
- We’ve paid our publisher and merchant partners $150+ million and counting!
- We’ve been a profitable business from day 1.
- We work with 1k+ media publishers including Mashable, TMZ, CNN, NY Post, & others.
- We’ve been a ‘BuiltinLA Best Place to Work in LA’ for 2 years straight.
- We’re currently a fully-remote team with 110 teammates. Are you next?
StackCommerce is an equal-opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration. If you’re passionate about your work, we’d love to hear from you!