FIGS is looking for a Colorist with background in textiles and consistency. Ideal candidate will be extremely organized, detail oriented and a great communicator. Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines and work closely with partners in design and merchandising. This role will report to the Director of Product Development.
- Conduct approval of all lab dips, print strikeoffs, screen prints for development and production, ensuring color consistency within garments and coordination within deliveries.
- Strong sense of aesthetics
- Communicate Color to overseas offices and vendors using standard textile language.
- Track and chart all lab dips and bulk fabrics from development to production.
- Maintain a 24-hour turnaround time with comments.
- Create color cards and order color standards as needed.
- Understanding of T&A and deadlines to ensure on-time delivery.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Minimum 3 years' background in textile design and color/fabric knowledge.
- Knowledge of dyes and dyeing techniques and printing techniques for varied fiber contents and fabric structures; knowledge of textile structures and their influence on color appearance; knowledge of industry/fabric/color/testing standards
- Proficiency in PC operation, MS office, Excel and color/design systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize (sense of urgency) and attention to detail required
- Personable, team and service oriented.
- Understanding of visual and instrumental color evaluation procedures with accurate and consistent technique: ability to use light box and spectrophotometer.
- Knowledge of dyes and dyeing techniques for varied fiber contents and fabric structures; knowledge of textile structures and their influence on color appearance
- Ability to differentiate color and accurately and consistently describe color differences
- Excellent color sense and understanding of color depth, value, saturation and cast.
Other must haves:
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
A little bit about us…
The $60 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is antimicrobial, wrinkle resistant, moisture wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
We are the first medical apparel company to sell directly to healthcare professionals through our ecommerce platform. By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.