Channel Editor, Kids at Pluto TV
Pluto TV, a Paramount company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin. Paramount creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young, and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
Overview and Responsibilities:
Our Programming Team is looking for a Channel Editor to support kids content. This person will be responsible for channel management in order to build out some of the 200+ channels on Pluto TV! This is an entry level role that reports to the Programming Manager. The role will assist in different aspects during the rebranding channels launch, such as creating presentations, managing titles in CMS, and building new channels programming. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to learn proprietary program scheduling software for the role.
Specific responsibilites include, but not limited to:
- Manage, maintain and create a strategy for live stream, single series, and serial channels
- Stay up to date trends analysis and provide feedback on data from promotional stunt
- Assist in the creation of programming stunts and tv specials
- Identify missing content that is not programmable or needs extra QC
- Monitor cross channel airing conflicts
- Build episodes in our proprietary Content Management System (CMS)
- Scheduling pre-programmed live stream and episodic channels
- Tracking and data entry used for programming decisions
- 2 years of television or digital programming experience
- Proficient in Excel (pivot tables, charts, look-ups), and data analysis
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of and interest in the entertainment media landscape
- General understanding of databases
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.