Broadcast Operations Coordinator
Do you want to work in Live Virtual Reality Broadcasting? Do you thrive under pressure in a control room, the truck or a transmission operations center? Are you looking to work at the bleeding edge of the VR revolution?
At NextVR we are seeking a Broadcast Operations Coordinator and in this role you’ll work to help some of the biggest names in live broadcasting get their events out to the world in Virtual Reality. You’ll be responsible for helping to run and maintain the transmission control centers for the NextVR platform during live events + oversee quality control of our VOD library. You’ll work to tight deadlines and with some demanding schedule (across weekends and evenings) to change the way fans consume sports, music and entertainment in Virtual Reality.
- Ensuring communication flow between all departments in the lead up to and during all LIVE event as it relates to all Live Broadcast Operations.
- Overseeing the technical operations of two Transmission Operations Centers on a daily basis, including acting as a Technical Director during live events, such as changing cameras per Producer cues.
- Overseeing and verifying video and audio FAX from Transmissions Operations Center before and during live events, ensuring quality throughout broadcast
- Executing show Administration duties during live events
- Show Administration for all Live Events.
- Ensuring the Transmission Operations Centers are fully staffed for all NextVR Events and that things run smoothly during Broadcasts. This is includes a wide sweeping responsibilities such as distributing call sheets for the team, liaising with office admins team to make sure catering has been ordered etc.
- Create event related app experiences leading up to show - including generating media id’s for stream URLs, uploading media assets, and thumbnail placement within in app for LIVE show
- Acquire LIVE event descriptions and promotional dialogue from Producers to put in the NEXTVR app
- In charge of Online/Offline procedures for each event as well as pushing promotional dialogues and notifications within the NextVR App.
- Ensuring there is always someone on call for each LIVE Event and the re-screening of a LIVE event
- The aggregation and publishing of event information.
- Collecting and distributing all Live event information and publishing it in the Live Event Calendar & into Confluence Live Event Documentation.
- Coordinating schedules with onsite personnel.
- Ensuring Corporate Services has high level event info to be displayed throughout the office the day before and day of live events
- Be a singular presence that aggregates show information from all the involved stakeholders - creative, development and marketing - and has all of this information reliably in one place and on time to ensure efficiency and communication between departments. This includes, but is not limited to;
- Mobile Unit / Flypack
- Call Times
- FAX Times
- TOC Personnel Scheduled - On Site Personnel handled by Ops Staff
- Tech Book attachment
- Stream URLs
- Other Responsibilities
- Compile Show Technical Reports and follow through on action items
- Act as the main POC / Customer for Live Production product & feature feedback
- Lead the scheduling and running of post mortem meetings
- Ongoing Q/A of all VOD Content across all platforms (both NextVR Now and NextVR)
Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in broadcast operations, communications, media communications or engineering areas, or related experience -- prior broadcast and digital content operations, technical planning, remote broadcast, systems integration and/or broadcast engineering experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the Live Broadcast media and new media industries
- Working knowledge of television and digital content workflows required
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Able to delegate responsibilities to maximize team and individual contributions
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of people, both technical and non-technical employees, peers, internal and external clients, vendors and senior management
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage competing efforts and deadlines on a continuous basis