Bilingual Technical Writer (Japanese Translation) at Collectors (Greater LA Area, CA)
Collectors, Inc. is building the future of how collectors find, buy, authenticate, track and research collectibles—from sports cards, coins, and video games to Pokémon cards. By combining industry-leading services with our employees' creativity, Collectors is setting the standard for the modern collectibles industry.
Collectors is currently looking for a Japanese-Fluent Technical Writer to join the Training Department to translate and document various processes and create training materials for employees on those processes. You will be helping various departments communicate their standards through the translation and creation of robust documentation and training materials. You will work primarily alongside the other Technical Writers and Operations team at Collectors to learn the best practices of each department and clearly document these best practices so they may be shared with incoming employees, existing employees, and other departments. While documenting, you may suggest changes to improve training outcomes and process efficiency. Technical Writers have a major impact on process quality and employee confidence to properly execute those processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform the job successfully, the Japanese-Fluent Technical Writer should demonstrate the following:
- Ensure that the English training materials and supplemental documents are translated and maintained in Japanese
- Work with a motivated team to translate and document processes and create training materials.
- Assist the Technical Writers and Training Manager in researching and installing new training materials and supplies that will enhance our training procedures and provide value to our employees.
- Assist the Technical Writers with maintaining the Japanese Training Resource Site and keep it up-to-date with current changes/improvements.
- Determine gaps in training material or content that should be filled to ensure safety and productivity among employees.
- Identify future training needs and create a curriculum, with the Technical Writers and Training Manager’s assistance, to facilitate training.
- Be creative and design better ways to present information clearly to ensure better training outcomes.
Who You Are:
- Japanese fluency, and/or experience with formal writing or translating from English to Japanese is a must.
- B.S. or B.A. preferred; 1 to 2 years of technical writing experience preferred.
- Excellent listener and communicator, good interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and maintains an open mind.
- Excellent attention to detail, comprehensive documenting skills, and ability to stay organized within a digital folder system.
- Strong writing skills and excellent English grammar and prose.
- Strong computer skills (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sites, etc.).
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in-classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations, etc.).
- Ability to change priorities to meet deadlines, plan, multi-task, and manage time effectively.
- Innovative and creative; finds elegant solutions for complex problems.
- Willingness to learn, teach and improve.
- Experience with graphic design or infographics is a plus.
- Experience with HTML or any coding language is a plus.
Involves sitting for long periods of time and working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Frequent sitting
- Frequent walking
- Frequent standing
- Occasional lifting (20 pounds or less)
- Occasional carrying (20 pounds or less)
- Working around equipment & machinery
- Walking on uneven ground
Hourly Range: The hourly range for this position is $22.78-$36.99. Entry level operations positions generally start at an hourly rate of $17. Actual compensation in this range will be based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected]
Collectors is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Card Ladder, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit http://www.collectors.com.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected]
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa