Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption.
Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide. Deluxe is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com
We currently have an opening for an Audio Editor. This position will be located in Los Angeles, CA.
We are seeking a talented Audio Editor to join our in-house Localization team. We are looking for an experienced editor who has worked across a wide variety of projects and platforms. Successful candidate must be able to follow creative direction and have a critical eye for quality and detail.
- Audio editing, conforming, restoration and conversion utilizing the latest version of ProTools.
- Meeting broadcast or other audio limiting and level specifications (CALM Act, EBU-R128, etc.)
- Encoding and quality assurance testing utilizing the latest Dolby and DTS technologies.
- Machine and system configuration, connection and troubleshooting.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
- B.S. degree in computer science or programming, electronics or A/V technology related field (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in audio and/or video post-production environment.
- Individual must possess a fundamental understanding of digital audio and digital video signals, standards, machines and wiring.
- Individual must know basic operation and troubleshooting for PCs and Macs.
- Experience with Digital Audio Workstation, Final Cut Studio, Mac and PC required.
- Possess a working knowledge of NTSC, PAL, and HD audio/video formats, file types and resolutions, file rendering, and video frame rates.
- Understand conversion for SD and HD.
- Knowledge in file types, frame rates, and transcodes.
- Position requires a high level of ingenuity (using the different tools at the operator’s disposal) in order to achieve the highest quality audio results. Many procedures are defined and in use currently, but the quality of the finished product is very objective.
- All work is schedule and customer satisfaction driven, so reliability and timeliness are very critical.
- Must possess a high level of written, verbal, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Must be able make decisions independently.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and contribute to the team environment.
- Must have demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize and be extremely detail-oriented.
- Strong organizational and computer skills are required.
- Individual will work in a fast-paced, small team environment. Individual will be dealing directly with other technical, creative and operations employees on a regular basis.
- Individual must also be able to work independently within their own process.
- Able to follow instructions and handle multiple projects in busy production environment.
- Must be willing to work day, night, or weekend shift.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website to view additional positions and for more information on our company: http://www.bydeluxe.com. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.