Hi, We're Centerfield.
Centerfield is a cutting-edge digital marketing and sales technology company headquartered in the heart of Silicon Beach with additional offices in New York, Boston, Florida, and Jamaica. Our growing organization continues to impact the AdTech space by providing end-to-end customer acquisition services and analytics for our high-profile clients, while also successfully tailoring every step of the customer's shopping experience.
How do we do this? Centerfield develops intelligent Big Data driven marketing and sales technology which drives more than two million sales each year for brands such as AT&T, Sprint, ADT, Spectrum, and CenturyLink. Our technology platform, Dugout, combined with our leading consumer guides and 1500 person sales and retention center deliver new customers at scale to top residential services, business services, and telecommunications brands worldwide.
We’re always interested in expanding our team with top talent. Our creative work environment allows for innovative ideas and encourages a collaborative team culture... make sure to check out our perks below!
Centerfield is looking for an Associate Editor to edit articles and proofread copy for our two business-oriented sites – Business.com and Business News Daily.
The Associate Editor will work with the Editors of both sites and the VP of Content to manage the quality of editorial pages, sponsored content, and newsletters. The Associate Editor will also coordinate with the SEO marketing to ensure assignments and completed articles are optimized for search. The ideal candidate is comfortable working with writers to match assignment templates and has a keen eye for turning complex, information-rich copy into great articles.
We run the two of internet’s premier destinations for business resource information. The audience for Business.com and Business News Daily is made up high-level business leaders who are looking for authoritative, engaging content that makes them smarter.
Our team is a collaborative unit made up of entrepreneurs at heart – come join us and help build our next big success!
How You'll Contribute...
- Edit articles on Business.com and Business News Daily
- Assist SEO team on editorial integrity around SEO-oriented copy
- Work with staff and freelance writers on styles and editorial consistency
- Assist in content assignment process
- Assist in editing on newsletter and other platform-oriented content
What We're Looking For...
- At least 3 years editorial experience, preferably with some focus on business-oriented content
- Strong understanding of writing content with SEO principles
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit with distinctive brand style
- An understanding of how to blend authoritative information with search-friendly content strategy
- Strong multi-tasker who can juggle multiple initiatives at once
- Experience working in a business-oriented content role.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
Life at Centerfield...
- Competitive salary + quarterly bonus
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested day 1
- Outside patio overlooking Playa Vista + cabanas, firepits & working grills
- Monthly happy hours, catered lunches + daily food trucks
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Fully stocked kitchens with snacks & drinks
- Breakroom supplied with games, couches, workout equipment + weekly in-office exercise classes hosted by professional instructors (yoga, kickboxing & circuit training)
- Free onsite gym + locker rooms
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!
To learn more, visit us Here.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
Centerfield Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.