Associate Copy Editor at MotorTrend Group
Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
Check us out: http://bit.ly/MotorTrendG
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Associate Copy Editor (full-time, hourly, regular) will work with the Production Manager and the MotorTrend copy editing team to dramatically improve the accuracy of our editorial copy and ensure copy and visual assets are flowing through our editorial process with optimum efficiency. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Copy editing/proof reading/quality assurance of articles for publication on MotorTrend.com – 60%
- Maintain editorial content calendar through our Smart Sheets process and work to optimize copy flow – 30%
- Maintain editorial newsletters by creating daily curation of articles for publication – 5%
- Occasionally publish editorial newsletter when necessary – 5%
- This position will not include supervising employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree, English or related discipline preferred
- 5 years working in a professional environment, copy editing position preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- AP Stylebook knowledge a plus
- Firm grasp of grammar and relentless attention to correcting facts and details
- Knowledge of the auto industry a plus
- The ability to sit for a prolonged period of time and view a computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Smart Sheets use/knowledge a plus
- Adobe photo/video editing a plus
- Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.