Art & Community Moderator
Society6 is a creative marketplace where independent artists upload designs on quality goods ranging from art, home décor and accessories. Every purchase pays an artist, and all our 50+ products are made to order. With designs from over 300,000 artists, you’ll always find something new, unique and perfect for you.
Society6 is owned by Leaf Group, a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
We are looking for a Art & Community Moderator to support the internal review of artist generated content from our Santa Monica office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Art & Community Moderator grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Artist Community Manager
A typical day as a Art & Community Moderator might include:
- Moderating artist-submitted content for adherence to Society6 Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.
- Supporting curation and merchandising teams by flagging high quality new designs for their review.
- Contributing to and maintaining internal content review guidelines by identifying opportunities and trends.
- Identifying opportunities for improving the review process and implementing solutions.
- Assisting with responding to artist related issues escalated from the Customer Support team.
- Responding to artists in a timely, friendly, and professional manner across social media platforms, including the Society6 Facebook Artist Hub and other forums.
- Identifying and communicating trends and improvements to the community team to enhance the artist experience.
- Assisting the artist community team with day-to-day tasks on an as needed basis.
You’ll be successful if you an excellent communicator, problem solver, and eager to grow and learn more from your team.
What You Have:
- A degree in marketing, communications, or a similar field.
- An interest in art and popular culture.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Passion for community and customer service.
- Social Media and/or customer support experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- Winner of Comparably's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Winner of Built In LA's 2018 Top Companies to Work for
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.