Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly-curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a 3D Game Artist to join Team Snapchat! We’re looking for someone who is an expert in modeling and texturing 3D assets. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll partner with art leads and engineers to deliver new assets and experiences from initial concepts to final implementation.
What will you do:
- Be a part of the modeling team that creates optimized 3D models, UVs, and Textures for Snapchat products
- Create high-poly and low-poly models of 3D characters, clothes, accessories, and props in accordance to specific technical requirements and limitations
- Ensure high fidelity of modeling quality and optimization based on concepts and instructions from the project and design lead
- Work closely with concept and design artists, character riggers, animators, and other 3D artists.
- Collaborate with prototypers and engineers
- Create clean topology that is suitable for deformation
- Help to collaborate and problem solve any technical limitations and issues using creative and efficient solutions
- 3D design portfolio
- 3+ years of experience in a modeling role with at least 2 shipped game titles
- Proficient in Zbrush, Maya, Photoshop, and Substance Painter or other projection based texturing software
- Bachelor's degree in fine arts, graphic design, animation, or related field
- Experience producing blend shapes (facial expressions and lipsync morph targets) is a plus
- Someone who’s open and responsive to guidance and review notes from creative and technical supervisors
- Strong proficiency in written and verbal communication and excels in working within a team environment
- Clear demonstration of low poly modeling
- Have a strong understanding in topology and in using edge loops for deformation
- Ability to complete tasks within production schedules and deadlines in an organized manner
- Ability to learn and adapt to new workflows and methods and cater to various artistic styles
- Experience as a Sr or managerial role
- Basic understanding of scripting is a plus but is not required
- Experience with Lens Studio is a plus! https://lensstudio.snapchat.com/
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].