We are seeking an experienced Buyer/Planner who will oversee inventory levels for nutritional supplements and cosmetics across multiple brands while also managing and developing sources of finished goods, raw materials, packaging, components, contract manufacturers, distributors, and direct suppliers for all our brands in all our categories.
NOTE: THIS IS AN IN-HOUSE, FULL TIME POSITION. REMOTE PERSONS AND THIRD PARTY CONTRACTORS NEED NOT APPLY.
- Oversee inventory levels for nutritional supplements and cosmetics across multiple brands.
- Manage and develop sources of finished goods, raw materials, packaging, components, contract manufacturers, distributors, and direct suppliers.
- Manage purchasing authorization levels for all brands and SKU’s.
- Forecast inventory movement and manage reorder points.
- Meets with and negotiates with vendors and suppliers.
- Performs cost analysis based on consumption, storage costs and quantity discounts.
- Sources different components and items using a wide range of new and existing vendors.
- Negotiates contract terms and conditions for goods and services.
- Forecast quantities based on growth and consumption to manage maximum/minimum quantity levels.
- Manage excel spreadsheet across all brands.
- KEY QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics, or related field.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with NetSuite or similar enterprise ERP system.
- Minimum 4 years general purchasing experience with an emphasis on nutritional supplements and/or cosmetics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to travel to attend trade shows and visit suppliers (minor travel).
- Considerable knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures, including; buying, inspecting, storing, issuing and charging systems.
- Ability to effectively navigate the internet to obtain the necessary procurement information.
- COGS accounting experience is a plus.
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision), matching 401k
- Opportunity for monthly team bonuses
- Full gourmet kitchen
- In-office Crossfit gym with free classes
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, “no dress code” atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- Room for growth based on performance
Golden Hippo Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.