Our mission at Impact Health is to make buying and using health insurance simple and transparent. We are a venture-backed startup obsessively focused on our customer. Using data, machine learning + humans, we are personalizing healthcare for the consumer. Using our web platform anyone can buy the best health insurance for their needs in minutes.
Most people would rather have a root canal than have to track down the best insurance plan to cover that root canal. That’s because the world of health insurance is byzantine and complicated and rarely puts the customer at the center of the process. At Impact Health, we want to change that. Our mission is to make buying health insurance online simple and transparent. Our web platform uses data and predictive modeling to provide consumers with real costs and help them choose the right plan to fit their needs and save money--all in just 5 minutes.
Impact Health is a TECHSTARS NYC accelerator company where we strive to work as servant leaders, obsessively focused on our customers. Having a positive culture and challenging the norms to achieve that culture is part of what excites us. Our customers and our employees are our highest priority--without our team, we can’t keep growing and innovating.
So, what kinds of people make our team work? They share certain core strengths that capture our company values:
- Judgment: You identify root causes and make wise decisions despite ambiguity. You focus on what must be done well now, and differentiate what can be improved upon later.
- Communication: You listen well without rushing to react. You are articulate and treat people with calm and respect, no matter their status or situation.
- Impact: You focus on consistently and efficiently doing work that yields great results.
- Curiosity: You seek to understand our strategy, market, and subscribers, and learn rapidly and eagerly.
- Innovation: You challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches.
- Courage: You take smart risks, make tough decisions, and question actions that conflict with our values.
- Passion: You care intensely about excellence and celebrate wins.
- Honesty: You are candid, direct, and quick to admit mistakes.
- Selflessness: You seek what is best for your colleagues and company.
If you see yourself here, we would love to get to know you better! We’re always looking for the next kickass person who could be a great fit for our rapidly growing team.
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Los Angeles.
As Senior Software Engineer, you will not only take a leadership role in architecting and coding our software, but will also play a pivotal role in growing and managing the engineering team.
As an early-stage employee you will be uniquely positioned to learn a lot while solving complex problems and writing software both impactful to our customers and critical to our company’s success. What you build will help millions of people across the U.S. to get health insurance they can actually use.
- You have a deep desire to build a high-quality product and company
- You are highly analytical with a love for algorithms, and obsessive about the end user experience
- 4+ years of production coding experience
- Deep “Full Stack” experience: You’ve designed and built large, service-oriented architectures supporting both web and mobile clients. You’re equally comfortable working on the API or front-end clients.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
What You’ll Do:
- Work with in-house and external developers, architects, and product managers to build multiple platforms.
- Maintain a keen focus on end-to-end platform performance
- Define systems architecture and design, and evaluate feasibility and sustainability
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary based on experience
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Pick your own equipment and keep it if you leave the company
- Unlimited paid vacation days
- Free lunch plan and healthy snacks
- Location: Anywhere you want. We have a beachfront office paradise in Playa Del Rey, CA, and an urban loft in Pasadena, CA. But most positions can work remotely, too.