Reporting to the Associate Director, the Research Scientist supports the research team by programming surveys and processing and analyzing data using SPSS, Excel, Qualtrics and other software for all research projects. The Research Scientist advises the research team on questionnaire design with a mind into how the data will be processed and analyzed, and prepares data files for the research team and/or client. This role is accountable for assuring data accuracy of all research projects as well as leading efforts to increase efficiencies by implementing processes and advancing Fuel Cycle’s research expertise.Responsibilities
· Data Processing/Analysis: Clean, process and analyze data using tools such as SPSS and Excel to assist research team to develop insightful results or “story” that addresses business objective. Prepare data on analysis such as stacking data files, identifying and cleaning fraudulent or duplicate members, and running a drivers analysis or max diff analysis.
· Survey Programming: Program surveys in Qualtrics, Survey Gizmo, etc. and make survey design recommendations from the research team or client to optimize survey and ensure data quality and validity.
· Quality Assurance: Accountable for assuring data accuracy and relevance to objectives at every step in the project process to ensure the data is both internally consistent and demonstrates face validity.
· Technical Liaison: Continually log and communicate any technical issues or bugs to the engineering team and look for ways to innovate and improve our platform. Participate in beta testing new product releases.
· Process Master: Increase efficiency and effectiveness of company processes and methodologies. Come up with tools and process that can hasten processes.Skills and Experience
o Intermediate to expert SPSS, Excel, and Qualtrics proficiency
o SPSS - Ability to write SPSS syntax to create variables, stat test, weight, check data and run analyses
o Excel – Ability to run Macros, VBA
o Qualtrics – Ability to program complex survey logic (monadic testing, multiple paths, pipe text) and quotas
o Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field such as Statistics, Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics
o 3-5 years of prior experience in market research/analyst/QA role, preferably with a supplier.
o Ability to prioritize task and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously