At Impact Health, our vision is to make buying health insurance online simple and transparent.
We use data + predictive modeling to provide consumers transparent costs and help them choose the right plan, all in under 5 minutes.
Impact Health is a web platform that has enabled our customers to save an average of $4000 per year.
Most people would rather have a root canal than have to track down the best insurance plan to cover that root canal. That’s because the world of health insurance is byzantine and complicated and rarely puts the customer at the center of the process. At Impact Health, we want to change that. Our mission is to make buying health insurance online simple and transparent. Our web platform uses data and predictive modeling to provide consumers with real costs and help them choose the right plan to fit their needs and save money--all in just 5 minutes.
Impact Health is a TECHSTARS NYC accelerator company where we strive to work as servant leaders, obsessively focused on our customers. Having a positive culture and challenging the norms to achieve that culture is part of what excites us. Our customers and our employees are our highest priority--without our team, we can’t keep growing and innovating.
So, what kinds of people make our team work? They share certain core strengths that capture our company values:
- Judgment: You identify root causes and make wise decisions despite ambiguity. You focus on what must be done well now, and differentiate what can be improved upon later.
- Communication: You listen well without rushing to react. You are articulate and treat people with calm and respect, no matter their status or situation.
- Impact: You focus on consistently and efficiently doing work that yields great results.
- Curiosity: You seek to understand our strategy, market, and subscribers, and learn rapidly and eagerly.
- Innovation: You challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches.
- Courage: You take smart risks, make tough decisions, and question actions that conflict with our values.
- Passion: You care intensely about excellence and celebrate wins.
- Honesty: You are candid, direct, and quick to admit mistakes.
- Selflessness: You seek what is best for your colleagues and company.
If you see yourself here, we would love to get to know you better! We’re always looking for the next kickass person who could be a great fit for our rapidly growing team.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who gets excited about solving problems with massive amounts of data. You will be working across personalization and natural language processing within a small ninja group of software engineers + data scientists. You'll report directly to the CEO in this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Apply machine learning techniques to personalize buying health insurance for our customers
- Build algorithms
- Multi-modal ranking
- Natural language processing for bots and social
- Research & apply deep learning to solve problems and increase recommendation confidence
- A passion for solving real world problems with machine learning
- A strong desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- An unstoppable passion to do the best work of your life
- Deep understanding of Machine Learning techniques such as: classification, clustering, deep learning, optimization methods, supervised and unsupervised techniques.
- A HUGE imagination
- Proven ability to apply, debug, and develop machine learning models for real-world applications
- Strong problem solving abilities and proven record working on complex systems.
- Expert-level knowledge of Java or Python
- Experience working directly with product development and other engineers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS (with 3+ years of industry experience), MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience in the space.
WORKING AT IMPACT HEALTH
- Here's the user manual to working with our CEO, Christine Carrillo: http://bit.ly/2bRwr1D
- Our company values: http://bit.ly/2c0ug93
- A few of the benefits we offer: fully paid health insurance & unlimited paid time off.
- Our engineering team works out of our Playa office, located directly on the beach in Playa del Rey, CA. We think if you're solving some of the toughest problems that directly impact people's lives, you should have an awesome place to do the best work of your life.